The purpose of this award is for the recognition of a person (or persons) who has contributed community services for the people of Edmonds and deserves to receive our thanks.
The person may be a civic-minded citizen active in civic affairs, community activities and/or business pursuits.
It is open to individuals as volunteers or professionals in the line of duty.
Guidelines for selection are the precepts of Kiwanis:
- To give primacy to the human and spiritual rather than the material values of life.
- To encourage the daily living of the golden rule in all human relationships.
- To promote the adoption and application of higher social, business and professional standards.
- To develop by precept and example a more intelligent, aggressive and serviceable citizenship.
- To provide a practical means to form enduring friendships, render altruistic service and build better communities.
- To cooperate in creating and maintaining the sound public opinion and idealism which make possible the increase of righteousness, justice, patriotism and goodwill.
Announcements will be made in The Edmonds Beacon and My Edmonds News and the presentation of the award will be made at the Edmonds Chamber of Commerce luncheon on May 23, 2019.
Past Winners:1994: Stan and Valerie Dickison